How it All Began...
I am a mid-life guy, having my mid-life crisis…. I just can’t afford to be that exciting with it. I love my wife and children and they love my pistachios. I LOVE pistachios. I mean. I really, really love them. Always have. They are tremendous, and my love led to experimentation. I figured it was like starting with King Crab and there was not much I could do to possibly screw them up.
I was looking for a healthy, tasty snack alternative to the traditional fattening, bad-for-you salty snack. While experimenting, I found that most of us liked the wild flavors best. So I worked on dozens of variations and custom flavors and have fine-tuned the three favorites Chicken Ranch, Blue Cheese and Honey Sriracha to share with the world.
I am excited to share the greatness that can be found in these delicious little nuggets of goodness.
Open wide, pop in and savor the flavor. Big Mouth Pistachios make everything better.
Big Mouth Pistachios bring happiness to your life and to the world.
We invite you to share the joy with us.
Many more flavors to come SOON! Sign up for the newsletter for special offers and exciting announcements.
Betcha didn't know this about pistachios!
- Rumor has it that California is the number one producer of pistachios with a harvest running from August to early October. I'm game, let's go!
- Pistachios are also known as the "skinny nut"!
- In the fist century A.D., Emperor Vitellius introduced all of Rome to the humble pistachio.
- What we know as a pistachio is known as "the smiling nut" in Iran and "happy nut" in China. I just know they make me happy!
- One of the oldest flowering nut trees, humans have eaten pistachio nuts for at least 9,000 years.
- Pistachios owe their green and purple hue to antioxidants. Antioxidants are good for you, eat more pistachios!
- A preliminary behavioral eating study suggests that in-shell snackers ate 41% fewer calories than those who snacked on nuts without the shell. This effect is known as "The Pistachio Principle."
- Pistachios are a good source of protein, fiber, magnesium, thiamin, and phosphorus. They're an excellent source of vitamin B6, copper, and manganese. You can almost think of them as your daily vitamin!
- Pistachios are related to the mango and the spice sumac.
- Talk about someone who would have loved Big Mouth Pistachios, the Queen of Sheba loved pistachios so much that she demanded that the entire region's pistachio harvest be set aside for her. I get ya girl, I do.
- Evidence suggests that eating 1.5 ounces per day of pistachios, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. Live longer, eat more pistachios!
- Some folks claim pistachios are an aphrodisiac....all the more reason to load up! OK, I might have made that up, but it could be true.
- Who needs doctors? Lower your blood pressure with pistachios!
- Popular culture loves a great salty snack with a cold brew. What better than Big Mouth Pistachios to pair up with your favorite lager? Yep, Big Mouth Flavored Pistachios are the bomb.
- Big Mouth Pistachios are the BEST custom flavored pistachios in the world. Order now while supplies last! Oh wait, I'll make more.